Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lucas is BLUE and I got 2 fly 2

yes, this image could be disturbing to sensitive viewers. It was for us. I think he liked the outfit so much he slept in it that night. Lil' weirdo.


Friday Lucas asked Eric and I to help him with another video. He bought us lunch and told us our job would be to make fun of him. We both like food and teasing Lucas is already one of our favorite things to do anyway, so we were in. Plus we were going to get to fly! First we had to get the boy ready for the abuse. He came over to my work trailer (in tights) and started putting on makeup. Eric and I started doing our job and Lucas told us it wasn't time yet. (he is in tights with makeup on and it wasn't time to start laughing at him?) I fired up my compressor and sprayed a few lines and dots with the airbrush to finish off his new look. We headed up to the bandit launch and did some filming and laughed alot. There were many other folks who I guess thought they were part of the project because everyone was pointing and laughing at him. Strangers driving down the road were slowing down with their cell phones out the windows taking pictures. We had alot of fun and then got to FLY!!! He should have it all edited sometime soon and will be posting it on his site, I think. I took a picture of him to show my little bit of work but I'm not gonna tell you what his video is about. You might have an idea from the shot.
Flew again yesterday. It was like spring, warm and sunny, lots O' folks set up on launch, and thermals every where!!! Well not every where, but many of us found them. Lots of turning and a little patience and i was watching Eric do his thing (rampdives and BIG wingovers) from above! Got up to 5800 ft. and it was cold. Flew out over the valley and boated around then back to the mtn. where Eric started doing his thing with me. His wing is much faster than mine so he just plays with me like a shark that really isn't hungry, just bored. I thought about unzipping my harness and kicking his glider (or peeing on it) he was so close acouple of times. I have alot of trust in Erics flying skills so I never showed my fear of a midair collision. I let him lead the sky dance. We stayed with each other all the way to the ground landing within seconds of one another. These are the kind of days that make living through a winter in the LZ worth it. Hope it stays like his till fall!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great write-up. It feels like I was there again. Thanks for not peeing on my wing.

    ReplyDelete