Monday, March 29, 2010

LEFTOVERS

It's starting to get warmer and maybe it'll start drying out also. Hints of spring are showing themselves. Lia is busy making more Hoops and dancing with Lauren and Jen and Angela and Kelly and Eli and Doris and Roxy and ... whoever happens to stop by while ABBA is filling the LZ with thier happy sounds. Lia is rockin' the hoops at least 2 - 4 hours everyday. I try for ten minutes and start sweating and breathing hard. It really is a great workout, and fun to watch the girls learn some pretty cool tricks! (not sure how to make a new paragraph, so this is a subject change.) I got a chance to run my paraglider off the side of the mtn. the other evening. It had been a soarable day blowing a bit west with some strong thermals coming through. Maybe a dozen pilots flew. As the sun started getting lower in the sky I could tell conditions were mellowing out, so I ran home and had Lia drive me up top with the bag. It was PERFECT! I laid my wing out, got in my harness, hooked in, preflight, and with my first attempt of the year (on the paraglider) was up and off into the sky! Everyone went out and landed leaving me all alone for a 50 min. flight into the sunset!!! It was awesome. None of these pictures are from that flight, nor do they have anything to do with that flight. This first pic. is a leftover from last halloween. It is one of the CRAZIES that help keep this place what it is. He showed up at my house already a bit strange, and with a few shots of tequila and a bit of paint we were able to calm him down and send him off into the night a more happy, carefree, sort of fellow. WHY SO SERIOUS? These are the pumpkins I painted for the holiday celebration during the same time. Yep, you've already seen the snotty nose one, and then there is the swine flu guy, and the lil' eye guy. This is one of the things I try to do every year for halloween. It gives me a creative outlet and makes people smile. Or wonder whats wrong with me. Either way they are kinda fun.
This last picture was taken on one of the last days of winter. It was cold and beautiful, and as the last hint of sun left us I thought maybe i could capture the elusive (spelling?) GREEN FLASH. I didn't. I'm told that it happens more on the water than over land. Don't know what it is? Me neither, look it up and leave me a comment. Until something more exciting happens, see ya.




No comments:

Post a Comment