Friday, March 19, 2010

HoopTonic Takeover

It's everywhere I try to walk in the house! There's tape all over our table and plastic tubeing spread around like we are gonna irrigate the landing field. I think my wife has gone crazy!!! The reality is that she is diggin' the HOOP DANCE. We all played with hula hoops when we were kids, right? Well this aint yo' momma's hula hoop. Lia took a Hoop Dance class last year when we were living in California and started swingin' her hips and shaking her booty. She would go each week and learn a new move then come home and show us what to do. or at least how to try. Her sister Jessica was catching on but Chip and myself would struggle for a few minutes, start sweating and fall off to the side and let the girls do their thing. Lia ended up buying herself a couple different styles of hoops, and one for Jessica, and stayed at it everyday till we left. We drove home and got caught up in work and play and the hoops sat around for a little bit till one day Lia grabed 'em and remembered how good she was feeling when hooping everyday. So she got our friend Lauren to come out and start dancing with her, then Jen stopped by and started hooping. Then other folks would want to try but we only have two hoops. Hmmm... seems like people might enjoy this and get exercise without even knowing it because their having too much fun. We could make these things and turn other folks on to this, so we are. Lia did some research, found some materials, and started learning why they cost what they do. They aint cheap to put together and then the time it takes to wrap them in tape real pretty like is an art form that will be a great test of patience and creativity. So here she goes. She took another class last weekend down in Atlanta and is starting the process of teaching others the tricks she is learning. Already sold two Hoops and has others ready for anyone interested in a fun workout! Here are some of the colors and designs so far, and Lia will be happy to make you one to your specifications if you would like. Most of them are 42 inch hoops which move a little slower and make the learning process a little easier at the start. Lia and Lauren are using 36 inch hoops because they are getting good at it!!!

It would be really great if YOU, whoever you are that reads this, would come by and pick yourself out one that makes you feel good, so I can have some room in my house and feel good as well. Because tripping over hoops in the night when trying to use the facilities is starting to be tricky. They are only $25.00 and are made with Love. Plus it is a great workout! I belive Lia will include the first lesson with your purchase, after that it's $10.00 a lesson, plus tips. What, I'm trying to help her be a succcess.


I'm serious, they are everywhere. You can see a leg and foot with a hand holding a roll of tape at the edge of this picture. Thats my girl wraping a green and Hot pink one. Looks really cool!



St. Patricks day at Jen and Keiths. Lia and Jen and acouple from N. Carolina, Mary and Richard, Hoopin' it up around the fire warding off the rain with their Happy Dance. Lia hooped for about four hours that afternoon. She has had type 1 diabetes since childhood and with all the excercise she is getting has lowered her daily intake of insulin by half! Plus she has lost 15 pounds in the last 6 weeks!!! (workout plus watching whats she eats) Ready for that Hoop now?




6 comments:

  1. Lia this is a great idea! I hope you are very successful at it! let me know what I can do to help you. love you lots

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lia this is a great idea! I know you will be successful! Let me know what I can do to help you! love you lots...

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lia this is a great idea! I hope you are very successful at it! let me know what I can do to help you. love you lots

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lia this is a great idea! I hope you are very successful at it! let me know what I can do to help you. love you lots...

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lia, I love it, some day you're gonna have to teach me how to play with those hoops. who knows maybe some day we manage to attach fire to it:) fun

    miss you bunches
    Makbule

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY, we know a Makbule, could this really be her!!! All you have to do is show up and we will light one on fire for you. It's great to hear from you, hope you kids are doing awesome and we really hope y'all get a chance to come back here sometime soon! We miss you guys. Hi Christopher, your name comes up in stories all the time, good ones!!! Lake this year?

    ReplyDelete