Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's a New Year...

Happy lil' halloween pumpkin. (just fed the rotting corpse to some pigs up the road)
Lia and I at Desoto Falls state park on our third anniversary

after landing on the west coast from Mt. Tamalpias just north of San Francisco


Almost forgot my password it's been so long since i've gotten over here. Kinda lost the feel for where all these letters on the keyboard are placed, not that I ever really new where they were to start with. So hows it going? was 2010 a good year for you? Well I had a great time last year! It started on the first day of the year with an awesome flight to the point and back in below freezeing temps. with Eric and James!!! Then we went to Disney World with Lia's mother Sondra and her husband Gary. In again, freezeing temps. Then my beautiful wife started her Hoop Dance buisiness HOOPTONIC and started makeing hulahoops (for adult bodies) and giving lessons at several different studios around the area. Plus working her HOT lil' body into an even more finely tuned instrument of Mother Nature!!! (anyone need a hoop?) I painted a cool nose pod for Mike at Skycycle Trikes. We worked the Shriners Circus. I went to N.Cali. for a bit o' work, flew alot, played a bunch, drove across the country with Eric to FLY YOSEMITE!!! and other amazing sites! Incredible Trip!!! Had a record year doing the fall fairs! Hung out with friends and family, painted a bunch of folks for Halloween. and a couple pumkins... Thanksgiving, with my family. White Christmas with Lia's. New Years Eve with friends. It rained almost all day for the New Year. Carl was the only pilot to go fly when the conditions cleared up just before dark. Then the 2nd day of the year it was blowin' in!!! Perfect day for a flight to the point! Lia said "go, have fun" So I did!!! Eric and I made a plan to fly to the point, then continue over the river past the mental health facility, towards a golf course I had not even noticed before this day. Eric talked to "tree Dale" about driving for us, and he was happy to, thanks Dale! Many gliders in the sky and lots of flights to the point and back. Kieth Bien for his birthday!!! Don and Stacy Murdock on a tandem didn't quite make it back. Newer pilot Jonathan Cocker had his first out and back!!! Congrats!!! and after a less than comfortable launch, (right wing dropped to close to the streamer on launch) I was on the way. Eric and his wing are fast fliers so I didn't wait around for him, I just went. Slowed in some strong lift and hauled butt in some strong sink. got to 1300 over at one point and arrived at the point with about 800 ft. lost some of that waiting on Eric but still high enough for the jump when he showed up. It was his plan and he had a couple hundred feet on me so I was happy to let him lead the way. It was strong on the ground and at one point Eric got scared and thought maybe we should turn back and land in the giant field next to the river back at the hospital. I didn't notice his signals and since I was lower I just kept going. Once over the golf course I studied our options, looked for power lines, fences,and golfers, then picked what looked like the safest line and went for it. (I was a bit nervous myself, but new we had this) I dove in over a tree into this little slot across a fairway, over a tee box, past passed a cart path towards a flag on a green straight ahead for a sweet two step landing!!! I new Eric was gonna be right behind me so just started running the glider out of his way. He took the same approach as me but with a bit more glide. As his glider started slowing down he found himself over a sandtrap full of water, streched it just a few more feet for a great no step landing on the green just before hitting the flag pole!!! With both of us safe on the ground we congratulated each other and waited for someone to come and ask what the heck we were doing there. No body came, except for Dale. He was there before we got the wings packed away. (good drivers are worth a mexican dinner at least) Got home after dark and floated on the excitment till bed time. Life is Good! Now Lia and I are getting ready to head south to see her Father in Tallahasee, go to the Dali museum in St. petersburg, then get on a cruise ship to Cozumel for a few days!!! Maybe since I,ve gotten back on this I can write about the trip when we get back home. Till then I can't belive you read all this. Should it have been more than one paragraph? Yea Lia thought so as well. ( if I include any pics. they are just randome from last year)

No comments:

Post a Comment